ETHNIC, AFRO-AMERICAN, ASIAN, MID-EASTERN NOSE TIP SURGERY
NosePlasty Clinic with Dr. John-Calinikos in South Africa specialise in rhinoplasty for all racial and ethnic groups.
- With diverse cultures, backgrounds and ideas about beauty, there is no ‘one shape fits all’ nose for everyone. When you look at photographs, you will notice that beautiful women of all races have noses that create facial harmony and balance. Their nose does not stand out of harmony with the face. Instead it compliments their facial and body features, and their eyes become the focus. For example in Africans the nose is usually in balance with the lips and this is an aesthetic principle that must be respected and taken into consideration during nose cosmetic surgery.
- NosePlasty Clinic understands and respects the importance of preserving ethnic characteristics. The goal of any nose surgery change is to bring balance and symmetry to the face, creating overall facial beauty by giving a natural looking nose that enhances racial identity.
- All ethnic groups with all types of noses can be improved if they have a nose which may be too 'flat', too prominent or large or with a broad or bulbous tip. With today’s different cultures every racial group has different ideas of facial beauty and the nose has to enhance this beauty. Nose job, or rhinoplasty, should preserve the balance and symmetry of the face and respect the ethnicity of the person. Obviously these goals must also be the desire of the client. Some African and Asian clients wish to have a more European looking nose with a higher nasal bridge and a narrower nasal tip. Others prefer only a slight change by narrowing the wide base and nose tip. This is a speciality of NosePlasty Clinic.
- Today, probably more Afro-Americans, Africans, Ethnic and Chinese have rhinoplasty surgery than ever before, because surgical expertise has advanced with newer methods of dealing with the soft cartilages and the low nasal bridge that many ethnic groups have.
- Just as Caucasian noses can be improved by reduction if there is an aesthetic problem such as a large hump, so too, African or Asian noses can be aesthetically improved by nasal bridge augmentation and narrowing of the base and tip of the nose.
- Chin and nose bridge augmentation may be desireable in order to enhance and define the profile and balance the face. Chin augmentation, to balance the facial profile (performed through the mouth by the surgeon at NosePlasty Clinic), can be done simultaneously with the nose job.
- Rhinoplasty goals are largely personal and vary from person to person and vary also according to culture and ethnicity. You may want to elevate the bridge of the nose slightly and still maintain the ethnic characteristics of your nose, or eliminate it all together. Some people like to have a slightly upturned nose. Everybody has a different idea of beauty. But the basics of beauty remain the same. It is important to know that African and Asian beauty is not the same as European beauty. Both are equally beautiful, but different! Unless the surgeon has personal, living experience of Africa or Asia it will be difficult for him/her to appreciate these different, racial aesthetic nuances. This is where the experience of the surgeon (Mr. John-Calinikos has worked for many years in Africa), assisted by computer imaging comes into play. At NosePlasty Clinic you can view the proposed surgical result (after photography and computer morphing with analysis) and you can be advised and work together with your imaging consultant in aiming for a result that will please you.
- A change in facial appearance can cause opposition from friends and especially from family members of certain racial groups. There are many psychological reasons as to why family members may oppose a change in one of their family, and the person undergoing the change should consider the possible reasons. There may also be sibling rivalry or jealousy and in others there may even be a hidden feeling of maternal guilt (for having a child with perhaps a hooked or ugly nose-which is often familial). Other common reasons are a genuine concern that one is rejecting one's familial, cultural or ethnic appearance. In some instances there is a psychological control factor (this often happens in marriage) or there may be valid religious reasons.
There are many other reasons, which we cannot cover in this web page. The importance is that anyone undergoing nasal cosmetic surgery should be doing it primarily and only for themselves and not for any one else. They should be psychologically able to accept the change and be comfortable with the change. Any possibility of family objection should be settled before surgery is performed, because nasal cosmetic surgery is generally an irreversible change, and to undo the change is expensive and in many instances surgically inadvisable and perhaps not possible.
African, Afro-American Rhinoplasty
Typically Africans and Afro-Americans require nasal bridge augmentation, narrowing of flared nostrils and nasal base and an improvement of tip projection. Due to the relative 'softness' and lack of rigidity of the nasal cartilages nose projection requires an 'open' surgical approach. This surgery is performed at NosePlasty Clinic.
NosePlasty Clinic also specialize in narrowing of flared nostrils (called Nip & Slide), thereby improving the facial aesthetics and preserving the ethnic appearance of a low nasal bridge which is in some instances culturally important. This is a subtle and effective change. It narrows the base of the nose, reduces the nostril flare and enhances tip projection. It is a 'closed' surgical approach, is very cost effective and is performed under local anaesthetic and sedation. See Conscious Sedation
Asian and Far Eastern Rhinoplasty
Asians typically require nasal bridge augmentation and tip refinement. Asian type noses often have nasal cartilages which are not as flaccid as in a typical African nose. Chinese clients are specially catered for at NosePlasty Clinic, as we understand that they generally require a European-like nose appearance.
Mediterraneans usually require nasal bridge lowering, lifting of a drooping tip and refining of nasal tip bulbosity. There is often a Northern European nasal bridge structure which requires lowering and narrowing.
Hispanic, Semitic and Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty
Typically have a nasal hump and a broad drooping tip like the Mediterranean nose and often a bulbous tip that require correction.
Northern European/Nordic Rhinoplasty
Northern Europeans typically have a high bridge with a narrow nose requiring bridge lowering and grafting of the internal nasal valve area narrowing due to what is known as mid-vault narrowing.
Before leaving our Website go to Contact Us for special promotional offers on Facial Surgery and non surgical Nose Jobs and Body Image/weight control.
We have recently introduced rejuvenating, revitalizing and anti-ageing programs. Please look at our leading page for details.
Text 11.11.2020 13:05